Sound Healing Certification
Everything in nature vibrates at a unique frequency, including plants, crystals, celestial bodies, mobile phones, and, of course, our bodies. When our natural frequencies become “out of tune”, the body tends to go “out of balance” triggering a disease that manifests in emotional, mental, energy or physical body. The program at Wellness Space integrates singing bowls, breath and humming (simple chanting) into the Naad Yoga curriculum as well as in the individual sessions. The sessions as well as training involves the use of technology and individual surveys to understand the effectiveness of the interventions.
Sound healing works on the scientific principle that everything in nature, including our bodies vibrate at a unique frequency, which must be balanced. When our natural frequencies get imbalanced, they trigger diseases and emotional imbalances. It creates a balance in our mind and body system and has the power to heal not just emotional imbalance but also mental and physical imbalance.We integrate various modalities – Yoga Therapy, Chanting, Tuning forks and Himalayan Singing Bowls – based on the client needs and facilitate the life transformation.
(Note: Himalayan Singing Bowls is a generic term used to describe vessel shaped singing bowls which make sound with multiple harmonics. These bowls are found across the Himalayan region from Tibet in China and in various states of India such as Assam, Sikkim and also in Bhutan)
ReDefine Wellness has partnered with Wellness Space, to bring you an an integrated certification program for Sound Healing with certification from the Society for Energy & Emotions.
- First level (Practitioner level) focuses on singing bowls (basic techniques) and the principles (art and the science) of sound healing.
- Second stage goes into the depth of singing bowls modalities and introduces chanting and breathing. This level (Master Practitioner) also incorporates the use of various technologies and qualitative methods to evaluate the progress of the client. It prepares the participant to demonstrate and explain the power of sound healing.
- Beyond Master Practitioner, the approach is more qualitative and is worked at an individual level with the instructor (BEING REVISED).
Contact Shirley Tay at email@example.com or at +65 91992684 for further information.
Wellness Space has an integrated certification program for Sound Healing with certification from the Society for Energy & Emotions. First level (Practitioner level) focuses on singing bowls (basic techniques) and the principles (art and the science) of sound healing. Second stage goes into the depth of singing bowls modalities and introduces chanting and breathing. This level (Master Practitioner) also incorporates the use of various technologies and qualitative methods to evaluate the progress of the client. It prepares the participant to demonstrate and explain the power of sound healing. Beyond Master Practitioner, the approach is more qualitative and is worked at an individual level with the instructor (BEING REVISED). Contact Gunjan Trivedi (Life Coach) firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Testimonial of a 19 year old with Anxiety and Panic attack
She is all of 19 and came to us with lots of anxiety and negativity. She had panic attacks and anxiety would happen 3-4 times a day – everyday – symptoms where shivering, shaking, heartbeats increasing and snapping at everyone.
Her confidence was low at 3/10 and relationship with father was a mess. She had lot of anger for parents because their relationship was rocky and volatile and it had affected her. She felt her home atmosphere was very negative. She was close to her mother who was the “victim” in the family and father had anger issues and was very controlling – “perpetrator” role. The girl was the “rescuer” in the drama triangle and found herself absorbing all the mothers negativity all the time. She also had self esteem and body image issues but they were not too much compared to her issues against parents.
We worked with her using inner child and regression work. Those were intense sessions – however for her the biggest breakthrough happened in a Gestalt technique that we did with her to break free from barriers. After that she noticed physically she was feeling different. Also did empty chair and perceptual positioning with her that helped her get clarity on her role in the drama triangle and how to break free.
She finds herself a different person as the therapy ends – she has shared her experience in the audio attached
Her confidence went up from 3/10 to 7/10. She has had NO anxiety in last 2 weeks. Best part is that she has become more accepting of her parents and is able to stay out of their drama. It makes her feel peaceful calm and light. Her well-being index went up from 20% to 96% and her depression index went down from 37% to 2%!!
She was very happy and couldn’t believe that she could ever feel like this !! We would be doing some support work with her with much reduced frequency till she can be totally on her own!!
Riri G Trivedi
Personal Transformation Therapist
Managing Insomnia using a combination of Singing Bowls, Chanting & Breathing Techniques
Sleep Disorder or Insomnia:
This is a very common problem of the modern world. Constant thinking and anxiety, coupled with the use of modern gadgets and 24×7 lifestyle, our ability to slow down and unwind at the night is often impacted. The studies have shown correlation between chronic stress, disrupted sleep (e.g. call centre workers who work at night) and imbalance in key hormones (e.g. cortisol and melatonin levels) resulting in sleep impairment. Sleep is an important aspect of our autonomic nervous system recovery and must not be compromised.
Lets look at two recent client experiences:
- This person (lets call him Sahil) needed 2 sleeping pills and still the sleep was very disturbed. After 3 weeks of intervention (using the combination of Yogic Techniques, Breathing, Singing Bowls and psychotherapy-Regression), Sahil’s sleep improved even after reducing the pill intake to about 0.5 (vs 2 before). More importantly, in Sahil’s words “I didn’t realise that I could do something about insomnia and had assumed that sleeping pills is the only way out. Thank you for guiding me and making me realise that I have the power to work on my sleep !”
- The second person (lets call him Shiva) had a decent sleep (7 on a scale of 10, 10=Very good and 1=Very poor). During a sustained life threatening illness, the sleep quality went down to 1. After 3 weeks of intervention (which included Yoga, specific exercises, singing bowls and guided imagery with Yoga Nidra) the person’s sleep was restored to the levels before the illness (7 to 8 on a scale of 10). The person also joked that while during Yoga Nidra practice before sleep, the entire family used to fall asleep while the audio recording was going on !
What can you do about this?
- Acknowledge that your sleep is impaired.
- Seek help and follow-up with suggested homework and therapy intervention.
What kind of sessions do I take? What kind of homework do I have to do?
- This depends since no individual and his/her challenges are same. However, a combination of singing bowl based relaxation, chanting and some physical activity coupled with a few lifestyle changes helps a lot.
- Ability to balance the autonomic nervous system is critical for health and well-being (read more about stress management here). Critical element in this quest for autonomic balance is “good quality sleep”.
- Even during our group meditation sessions (Click here for details), participants notice significant reduction in emotional pressure (stress) and improvement in energy and often give unsolicited feedback about improved sleep.
- Click here to find out more about how sound healing works to restore the equilibrium.
- Many studies show Yoga Nidra is an effective practice for sleep management. (Example here)
Please contact us if you need help or join our free meditation sessions !
We look forward to seeing you for one of the classes or workshops soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to Contact Us .
Venue for all classes & workshops : ReDefine Wellness, 333B Beach Road. Level 3, SG 199563
Sound Healing Certification
|Level 1, 13th September||Friday, @ 10am -6.30pm||Click here to Register|
|Level 1, 15th September||sunday, @10am-6.30pm||Click here to Register|
|Level 2, 20th September||Friday, @10am - 6.30pm||Click here to Register|
|Level 2, 21st September||Saturday, @10am - 6.30pm||Click here to Register|