Just like adults, children growing up in our fast paced, digital world are often overstimulated and over scheduled. Practicing yoga regularly, can help them learn how to relax and refresh their minds and bodies alike. From a young age, yoga can help kids gain body awareness through the poses and stretches, as well as, confidence through self discovery.
Redefine Mindful Kids Yoga is a sanctuary on the yoga mat, we aim to create a world of peace and love through the union of yoga and children, using holistic way of teaching the child learns all about the body and movement by connecting to the magic and creativity within through gentle and imaginative songs and stories. Through nature-inspired poses and calming breath, the child learns the art and science of this age old discipline in a creative yet light hearten space.
- Develop body awareness
- Learn how to use their bodies in a healthy way
- Manage stress through breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement
- Build concentration
- Increase their confidence and positive self-image
- Feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group
- Have an alternative to tune out through constant attachment to electronic devices
This isn’t your typical adult yoga practice. In this 90 minutes class, we keep children’s interest and attention by keeping the classes highly interactive with activities like :
- Yoga postures and games
- Songs and movements
- Meditation & relaxation
- Sound currents and affirmations
- Movement based expressive arts
Children can be aged 7 to 12. The prerequisite is that the child wants it themselves and open to exploring.